Saturday, January 24, 2009

Scary Halloween Dinner





Every year I make my family a SCARY Halloween dinner (about a week before Halloween). I wish I had pictures from each of these dinners. Here is a quick picture after one of these meals.



Frankenstein Brains - Grandpa Joe's Stuffed Green Bell Peppers
Monster Mash - Nicole's homemade guacamole
Coffins - Baked potatoes
Fingers - Pigs-n-blankets
Vampires Blood - Raspberry or Dark Cherry Jellow with raspberries

The below picture shows that I made Tombstone Croutons on our funeral potatoes. All you do is cut white bread into tombstone shapes, brush with butter and broil.


Devin's birthday just happens to be on Halloween. So we usually make him a graveyard cake. The below picture was a very simple dessert for all the little cousins to do to keep them busy - jello pudding cups. Just fill an empty cupcake tin with various Halloween Treats for the kids to dump into their pudding cups.




Another easy dessert is to dip NutterButter cookies into melted white chocolate. Use mini chocolate chips for the eyes and you have a quick batch of ghosts.

How could I not include the below picture of my crazy kids (notice the Frankenstein Brains and Coffins for dinner).

No comments: