Sunday, January 18, 2009

Judy's Oven Omelet

When I make crepes - I make this too. It helps fill up my hungry Fish Heads. In the morning I make the crepe batter and mix up this egg recipe. Then when dinner time approaches - I just have to stick the eggs in the oven and start cooking crepes.




Preheat oven 325 degrees.

MELT 1/4 cup of butter in 9x13 pan in oven (you can use half that amount of butter)

BEAT 9 large eggs

ADD:
1 cup milk
1 cup sour cream
1 tsp salt
1/4 cup chopped chives (optional)

Pour into dish, bake for 35 minutes till eggs are done but still moist. Immediately after you take the eggs out of the oven, I add approximately a 1/2 cup of shredded cheese to the top. Serve with salsa. Next time, Tyler wants me to add cooked bacon to the eggs before we bake it (sounds like a good idea to me).

You can make the mixture the night before and keep it in the refrigerator overnight. Then all you have to do is melt the butter and bake the eggs in the morning.

No comments: