Monday, January 19, 2009

Frog Eye Salad



STEP 1:

Cook 1 lb. Acini De Pepe Pasta (1 box); rinse in cool water, drain and cool

STEP 2:
In sauce pan combine:
1 c. sugar
2 T. flour
1/2 tsp. salt
2 beaten eggs
1-3/4 c. pineapple juice and mandarin orange juice

Cook on medium until smooth and thick. Remove from heat and add 1 T. lemon juice and let cool.

***STEPS 1 and 2 can be combined the night before.

STEP 3: Add --
1 cup mini marshmellows
1 cup coconut
2 cans mandarin oranges (broken up and drained)
1 can crushed pineapple (drained)
2 9oz containers of Cool Whip

NOTE -- If you are making this salad for 4th of July put it into a rectangular pan and decorate it with strawberries and blueberries like the above picture.

I just had to include the below picture. It is my most memorable moment with FROG EYE SALAD. It was the 4th of July and we were just arriving to my brother's home for a fun weekend. I was carrying my festive FROG EYE SALAD decorated as an American Flag when I trip on their front porch. My only thought at the time was....SAVE THE SALAD and the $8 Big Lot white ceramic dish (looked just like I had bought it from Pottery Barn) it was in. Good news -- I SAVED the salad and the dish. Bad news -- I CRACKED my diamond ring and scrapped my knee! I was THRILLED with my SAVE and DEVIN was shocked with my decision to save a "stupid dish!"

No comments: