Thursday, January 22, 2009

Jake's Chocolate Dump Cake

Jake has ALWAYS loved to bake! And he wanted to ALWAYS do it by himself. "I want to make my family dessert tonight." So I had to think of a dessert or two that he could possibly do by himself....that's how we created Jake's Chocolate Dump Cake.

Jake made his own 5th birthday cake and yes - his shirt is on backwards. He wanted to do EVERYTHING by himself!
I just love that little boy!



In a greased 9x13 pan DUMP:

2 cans cherry pie filling
1 box chocolate cake mix with pudding
drizzle 1/2 c. orange juice (I think that is the right amount)
drizzle 1/3 stick of melted butter
1 cup chocolate chips

BAKE at 350 for about 30 minutes.


Jake made his "famous" dump cake at the request of his Grandpa Joe because it was Grandpa's birthday. Here we are at Grandpa's birthday party honoring everyone's favorite big nosed Italian - singing Happy Birthday!!!





No comments: