Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Banana Boats



This is a super easy dessert to make. Especially if you are already bbq-ing or camping. Or when we make tin foil dinners we always make these for dessert. Usually I don't use this many mini chocolate chips but we were at the cabin and I let the kids make them. Also, I normally add mini marshmallows but we didn't have any.



Tip - hollow out a little tunnel of the banana so the chocolate chips and marshmallows have a place to stay (I like adding chopped walnuts to mine and sometimes even coconut). We will make 4-5 of them and wrap them all up together making a tin foil pouch. Then Tyler will stick them on the bbq. Or we have baked them in the oven before (400 degrees until they are done - 30 minutes or so). Cook them long enough so the chocolate melts and the bananas get soft and gooey.

Thanks Tyler for being my photographer!!!

No comments: