Thursday, November 13, 2008

Easy Chicken Pot Pie




























This is a super fast dinner to make last minute. My tip - when you buy chicken breasts - don't freeze them first. Grill them up with salt and pepper and then cut them into pieces. Then put in a ziplock freezer bag and freeze. Then you can quickly dump the already cooked chicken into a frying pan and reheat them (no need to defrost them first).

1 pkg Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry Shells
1 tbsp. vegetable oil
1 medium onion, chopped
1 can Campbells condensed Cream of Chicken soup
1/2 cup milk
1 pkg (10 oz) frozen peas and carrots
2 cups cubed cooked chicken

DIRECTIONS:
Bake and cool the pastry shells according to package instructions. I usually bake mine for an extra 5 minutes to get the insides completely cooked.

Heat oil in skillet pan and cook onion until tender (if using chicken you've already grilled and froze I put the chicken in at this time).

Add all other ingredients and heat to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover and cook 5 minutes. Serve in pastry shells.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yummy!! I am loving reading all your recipes. I think I am going to do these chicken pot pies tomorrow night, they look easy and I think my picky Grant will even like these. I love your blog, sooo fun!!